Show simple item record

Files in this item

Item metadata

dc.contributor.authorHilditch, R. W.
dc.coverage.spatial191 p.en_US
dc.date.accessioned2016-01-07T13:20:56Z
dc.date.available2016-01-07T13:20:56Z
dc.date.issued2015
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10023/7989
dc.description.abstractThis document (© Ron Hilditch, University Observatory, St Andrews, Scotland) gives an account of the observational astronomy conducted at the University Observatory, St Andrews, from its inauguration in 1940 through to the present day, some 75 years later. It is concerned with describing the telescopes constructed and used at the Observatory, the instruments that were made and mounted on those telescopes, and the observational programmes that were conducted for the purposes of astronomical research and teaching, and for training in observational methods. It contains a large number of photographs, but it is not a history of the entire Department of Astronomy.en_US
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.publisherDr R.W. Hilditchen_US
dc.subjectObservational astronomy (History)en_US
dc.subjectSt Andrews telescopesen_US
dc.subjectJames Gregory Telescopeen_US
dc.subject.lccQB82.G72S8H5en_US
dc.subject.lcshUniversity of St Andrews. Observatory--Historyen_US
dc.subject.lcshAstronomical observatories--Scotland--St Andrews--Historyen_US
dc.subject.lcshTelescopes--Scotland--St Andrews--Historyen_US
dc.subject.lcshAstronomical instruments--Scotland--St Andrews--Historyen_US
dc.titleStars over St Andrews : 75 years of observational astronomy at the University Observatory, St Andrews, Scotlanden_US
dc.typeBooken_US
dc.publicationstatusPublisheden_US


This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record