Stars over St Andrews : 75 years of observational astronomy at the University Observatory, St Andrews, Scotland
MetadataShow full item record
This document (© Ron Hilditch, University Observatory, St Andrews, Scotland) gives an account of the observational astronomy conducted at the University Observatory, St Andrews, from its inauguration in 1940 through to the present day, some 75 years later. It is concerned with describing the telescopes constructed and used at the Observatory, the instruments that were made and mounted on those telescopes, and the observational programmes that were conducted for the purposes of astronomical research and teaching, and for training in observational methods. It contains a large number of photographs, but it is not a history of the entire Department of Astronomy.
Items in the St Andrews Research Repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.